Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Care Package!

Oh happy day... a note in my pigeon-hole/cubby/slot/mail center thing!!!

Contents of package: FHC kids' cards, Girl Scout 'Shout Outs!' cookies, homemade cookies, and RAMEN!!! I LOVE FULLERTON HOUSE CHURCH!!!


I told NO ONE this, not even my ranch friends... but when I was sick on Sunday and it was overcast and about to rain, I was craving a bowl of steaming, delicious ramen. It's like medicine to me... the broth is like liquid cure-all magic... if it's good. I spent a good 30 minutes on Yelp! and Google, looking for good ramen within 2 hours' drive of the ranch. I would never have guessed that I'd be getting some of the best stuff the next day in the mail!

And I can't forget all the other mail I've received since I got here... it makes me feel so loved, to know that my lovely friends are thinking of me... even if I'm terrible at replying to letters (not a single one)... I really love receiving them! Thanks to MB, YH, KP and the H's for your love! I will get back to you soon!

It was difficult at first, to figure out how much time I should be spending keeping in touch with old friends without sacrificing time I should be spending making new ones. I have such a great community back home, but I need to carve out a good one here, too! I feel like I've struck a good balance, finally, and am so blessed to know awesome people on both sides of the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment